I’m so excited! I created something that is absolutely adorable. But first, a run down on last week’s progress.
- Created my first butterfly cane using my green shades with a translucent background. I learned quite a bit about reducing a hand sized cane, and also a bit about making butterfly’s. My first attempt missed the mark, sadly, but I’ll try again soon. I was shocked that the background took 8 oz of translucent clay. Will have to restock.
- I was cleaning my studio desk, and I came upon my scrap collection. I don’t keep much scrap because most clay I reblend and use. This collection was too muddy to be useful, or so I thought. In a playful mood, I took a shot at reblending the mud towards rusty brown, brownish-yellow, and a clay colored red. I took the new mud colored blends and created a simple flower cane with a transparent background. The cane will have a limited use value, but still, it has enough clarity that I can see some use for it. I love play learning.
- An adorable green leaf jar was created from an empty glass glaze jar. I think I will add sand and offer it as an incense jar.
- I finished my crosses. The flowers on the earrings overtook the cross, which can no longer be seen. The ornament/pendant is ok, but I wish that I had done some shading and more texturing. Layer your details. Someday I will remember that rule.
- Green border cane was created for my jar. Loved the result but note to self: need to figure out new border cane designs.
This week, I will work with green again. Probably green tile cane to match the brown and orange tile cane in Stage 1. We’ll see how it goes.
Peace be with you.